Saturday, December 5, 2009

What were the events of the worst day of your life?

Ever have one of those days?



Tell me the related events that made it a disaster.



What were the events of the worst day of your life?met opera



These are heartbreaking stories. The obvious two are the passing of my parents, my father died of a massive heart attack eleven months after my mother died of cancer.



My worst day aside from that was Christmas Eve 1998. We drove an hour into the city for last minute Christmas shopping. Our trunk was filled with gifts bought by my sister and I. I forgot the key in the trunk hole so when we got to my sisters house, I opened the trunk to get my bags and the trunk was empty. Someone took every single bag.



Then we decided to stay at my sisters house and the next morning the fire department called to say our house was on fire. A few things were salvageable but we lost most everything. What are the odds? I wouldn't believe it myself if someone told me that story.



What were the events of the worst day of your life?movie theatre opera theater



My childhood sweetheart, later best friend was killed in a motorcycle accident at age 26. His mother called me to say he was dead and I hung up the phone and told my (then) husband what had happened and he said that was too bad and he had to go to the library to work on his Master's thesis.



I knew in that moment that not only was my dear friend gone, but that my marriage was over. It was August 24, 1980. A very sucky day.
My twenty year old son was killed in a car crash at about 3:30 am the morning of September 28, 1999. He was buried about 10:00 am. the next morning. And, I'm still not over it.
on two separate occasions we lost a newborn (2 worst days)
um...whenever i feel lonely. like no ones there for me...those are my worst days. it makes me wanna comit suicide, yknow?
The day my Daddy died. I know it wasn't as bad as the day I lose my Mom will be.
I have had quite a few. Maybe will put on 360 one day.
I think you're asking two different questions. The worst day was the day I had an ultrasound and found out that the baby I was carrying was anencephalic. It had a brain stem, but no brain and little skull. Carrying it to term was not an option. The details of the rest of the day are a blur. I cried all the way home in rush hour traffic on the interstate. I think God must have been steering the car.



"One of those days" is the kind that Alexander has in "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" by Judith Viorst. He wakes up with gum in his hair; they don't have his size in the shoes he wants at the shoe store; he doesn't get the window seat in the car; they have lima beans for dinner - that sort of day. We all have those but they are hard to describe because we know they are trivial and forget them after laughing about it at the end of the day.
Well, it isn't hard to recall, since it was only last week. I know a worse time will come someday, but I can wait, trust me.



We went to my hubby's 50th class reunion, where he collapsed. Not a stroke. They ruled that out right away, but they haven't ruled out heart problems. He's been hospitalized in a small Pennsylvania town since, and we live 250 miles away in Richmond, Va.



We thought he could come home Friday, but found that blood thinners had worked overtime and the blood vessels in his leg had leaked. The leg was black and blue, mostly black. So he's still there. He had to have two units of red cells last night.



I'm hoping to retrieve him soon.



Edit. -- Angelbaby, please don't even think it. That is the most cruel thing you could ever do to anyone.
The day my daughter was killed by a drunk driver. I can't talk about it here.
standing on a beach with my 8 month old son in my arms watching my husband drown -- caught in a rip tide.
my husband asked if i minded if he went to lay down and when i went to check; he was dead,i checked and rechecked his vitals.that was the end of my wedded bliss. i hate being widowed!
The day my mother passed. She had been ill for a number of years, and there had been a few times we had come close to losing her. We almost gotten used to it, to the point that we thought we knew how it was all going to happen. But it didn't go that way at all...and we were so totally unprepared.



And to all those above, hugs and special thoughts. When I read your posts, my heart truly ached for what you had to go through.



Angel...you're not alone and we all care.



Blessings.
The worst day of my life was when I was 11, my mom picked my brother and I up at school in a policecar and proceeded to tell us our dad had committed suicide.
death of daddy, death of mother, death of wife all different years and times but each was the worst at the time.
You dont want to know believe me YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!
April 1, 1975, the day my mom committed suicide, 3 weeks later I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. I don't remember much of that year, I was 24, I then had to raise my mentally retarded brother along with my 2 sons. My mom was 46 when she died.
The day my Dad died. I got a call from my mom saying 'your father is DEAD!'..and then she hung up. I jumped in my car and drove to their home only to find he was not dead but had been taken to Walter Reed - she was nowhere to be found. [later she arrived at the hospital]. He had a massive stroke and died 3 days later. My sense of loss was so profound and I was so very unprepared for the feelings. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him and miss his counsel and gentle and intelligent ways.
well :(



They day two years ago, when my uncle and two of his children died in a car accident. The children were triplets and now there is only one surviving one. They were 4 years old at the time of the crash. My aunt was mortified, and i feel terrible for my cousin, who was a triplet until his 2 siblings died. Thats terrible i was so sad at the time. I loved them and then my uncle and 2 of the three triplets died. Still to this day, it eats my heart away. And i, trying to say to myself, that i have to get over that accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd