Thursday, December 10, 2009

DOING TRACK!!! What events should i do?!?

I am a freshman who is an athlete. I was thinking of joining the track team. I play competitive soccer and have determination to train. I enjoy long distance, but I am not bad at short distances either. I enjoy field events though... what should I do! I am also short, so that might help you in your suggestions.



DOING TRACK!!! What events should i do?!?lyric opera



You would fit in perfect with the 400. It's the best race. You're a soccer player so you have sprinting ability as well as distance. The 400 is a long sprint (well at least it is at higher levels). You'll also be in the 4x400 relay which is by far the most exciting race of the meet. It's the very last race and often decides which team wins the whole meet. I ran the 400 and 4x400 all four years in h.s. and loved it. You're competitive and determined and it's definitely a tough race, so you'll feel good about it. Good luck and have fun.



DOING TRACK!!! What events should i do?!?imax theater opera theater



I have seen lots of girl soccer players who are fast and have lots of endurance, their natural event seems to be the 800.



So since you have speed and can run for distances I think you should try middle distances.



Either the 800 and or the 1500.
400. 4x400. 800. in field you could do diskis, shot put. or you could also do hurdles.
No, being short can actually give you an advantage in the 400 and 800, because you are stronger than the skinnier, lankier girls! These two races are all about stamina and endurance, which you'll have from being a soccer player.



(all this from a hurdler who refuses to run either races because she's tall and lanky)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd